You work as a network engineer for SASCOM Network Ltd company. On router HQ, a provider link has been enabled and you must configure an IPv6 default route on HQ and make sure that this route is advertised in IPv6 OSPF process. Also, you must troubleshoot another issue. The router HQ is not forming an IPv6 OSPF neighbor relationship with router BR.
Two routers HQ and BR are connected via serial links.
Router HQ has interface Ethernet0/1 connected to the provider cloud and interface
Ethernet 0/0 connected to RA1
Router BR has interface Ethernet 0/0 connected to another router RA2
IPv6 Routing Details
All routers are running IPv6 OSPF routing with process ID number 100 Refer to the topology diagram for information about the OSPF areas The Loopback 0 IPv4 address is the OSPF router ID on each router
• Configure IPv6 default route on router HQ with default gateway as 2001:DB8:B:B1B2::1.
• Verify by pinging provider test IPv6 address 2001 :DB8:0:1111:1 after configuring default route on HQ.
• Make sure that the default route is advertised in IPv6 OSPF on router HQ This default route should be advertised only when HQ has a default route in its routing table.
• Router HQ is not forming IPv6 OSPF neighbor with BR. You must troubleshoot and resolve this issue
Special Note: To gain the maximum number of points, you must complete the necessary configurations and fix IPv6 OSPF neighbor issue with router BR IPv6 OSPFv3 must be configured without using address families. Do not change the IPv6 OSPF process ID.
1. Configure IPv6 default route on HQ router with default gateway of 2001:DB8:B:B1B2::1:
HQ(config)#ipv6 route ::/0 2001:DB8:B:B1B2::1
First we have to enable IPv6 routing with the “ipv6 unicast-routing” command then we configure a default route on HQ router.
2. Verify by pinging provider test IPv6 address 2001:DB8:0:1111::1 after configuring default route on HQ:
HQ#ping ipv6 2001:DB8:0:1111::1
Issue the ping test to see if the default route works. The ping must be successful.
3. Make sure that the default route is advertised in IPv6 OSPF router HQ. This default route should be advertised only when HQ has a default route in its routing table:
HQ(config)# ipv6 router ospf 100
The command “default-information originate” will generate a default route and send to all other routers in the OSPF domain, provided that the local router has a default route configured.
4. Router HQ is not forming IPv6 OSPF neighbor with BR. Troubleshoot and solve the problem
Maybe interface S1/0 of HQ was not enabled with IPv6 OSPF (verify by the “show run” or “show ipv6 ospf interface” command) so we have to enable it.
HQ(config-if)#ipv6 ospf 100 area 0
After configuration use the “show ipv6 ospf neighbor” on HQ to see if BR is listed in the output.